Reality Engine Computer Games
-- 30th May 2017 --
- Edits to May's posting..
-- 29th May 2017 --
- Third Periodic Potshots posting for May on criteria for Wargame Design.
-- 2nd May 2017 --
- More editing of second post.
- Also have fixed date error for last "What's new" entry.
-- 1st May 2017 --
- Some light editing of post for April. More needed.
-- 28th April 2017 --
- Added post for April which attempts to make up for the lack of a bibliography for the website.
- Added "favicon" - the little image to the left of the website's address in the address bar.
- Fixed some spelling errors in first post in " Periodic Potshots ".
-- 29th March 2017 --
First update in a long time to this because have been making slow going of a new 3D interface
for my Napoleonic wargames. In order to give people some reason to return here more compelling
than the odd fix to typos and grammar have decided to start a monthly blog.
I'm calling it "Periodic Potshots" and you can find the first post at A Starting Point
and a table of contents at Periodic Potshots a Blog as well as above.
-- 25th April 2015 --
Mostly an update test. Fixed some HTML syntax. Removed "Histoire and Figuires" from
and added back in the OSG Napoleon Games link. Still plugging away in the background at
a 3D interface for the Napoleonic battles software.
-- 27th May 2012 --
Fixed some typos and grammar errors on Battles page.
Currently in development:
- Improved UI - with intuitive 3D graphical display of information and orders giving.
- Front end GUI vs. backend resolution engine.
A shareware game called "Napoleon the Emperor" which covered the
battle of Waterloo. Registered versions added the battles of Ligny and Quartre
Bras. This game was first released in 1996. It achieved it's design goals of being
able to reproduce the historical battle with just a
few hours of play. Unfortunately, the weakness of its User Interface and the AI for subordinate
units detracted significantly from its playability.
Rather to my surprise I've found copies of this game are still available on
Web-Grognards. Payment and ordering information in
these downloads is outdated.
However, if you've played the Waterloo scenario and feel you'd like to have the Ligny and
Quartre Bra ones mail me by clicking here.
I'll e-mail you a free but generic copy. No warranty and the offer may not last.
Please contact webmaster if you spot any problems with or have any comments on the website
You can manually enter the e-mail address in your e-mail client as "webmaster", the number five, the "at" sign,
and then "napoleonsims.com". Sorry for the inconvenience, but spammers will scrape direct links.